Monday, October 31, 2011

A little bit of history...

My name's Scott.  I started gaming when I was four years old.  I was raised in front of the TV, watching my father whittle away hours upon hours playing video games such as Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Blades of Steel, and Castlevania II: Simon's Quest.

My own start in video gaming came the year I got the Pox.  I spent the days "recovering" by living in these 8bit, fabricated worlds that, at the time, seemed a great deal more interesting than my own.  All of these years culminated one night when I came downstairs, having awoken from sleep, to find my father playing Super Mario Bros. 3.  He was on the ice level where you get the Hammer Bros. suit.  It was awesome.  And there we played until morning.

And my fate was sealed.

Fast forward from 1989 to 2011, and not a lot has changed.  I watched the world of video games go from living room antics to world-wide entertainment in an industry that seemingly has more money than could be imagined.  In my travels through my pixelated worlds, I forged relationships with some of the best friends I've ever had, one of which is now my roommate, and met some of the best and worst women of my life. 

Now, while my video game worlds have been surpassed by a world of necessity and function, I cling to my entertainment as any child would struggling against the current of self-responsibility that lead me into adulthood years back.  But, I mourn those childhood gaming sessions only slightly, and forge new paths in my favored worlds, balanced against a full time job and the ever-changing aspirations of my adulthood.  But this is not a story of why life has so many new interests for me; these pages are dedicated to the new adventures and happenings of my friends and me, on the various video games we play, and the enrichment of life they seed for us.

Welcome.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment